Medicals and Workplace
Our Doctors regularly perform a range of pre-employment medical assessments for many local and national employers.
Coal Board Medical
The Coal Board Medical is a medical assessment as required by the Coal Mine Workers’ Health Scheme. It can only be completed by a nominated medical advisor (NMA). Coal Board Medicals are completed before commencing work on a mine site and every five years after.
During your physical assessment, the following tests will be completed:
- Height, weight, body mass index (BMI)
- Vision Tests (Near, Distance and Colour)
- Audiogram (Screening Assessment)
- Abdominal examination (Hernia Identification)
- Cardiovascular examination (Heart check, blood pressure, pulse)
- Urinalysis for diabetes and disorders of the internal organs
- Spirometry Assessment (Lung function testing)
- Brief musculoskeletal assessment
Drug and Alcohol Testing
Employee drug testing is increasingly being carried out by organisations due to the general recognition that the use of alcohol and other recreational drugs can present a hazard in the workplace.
We can work with you on the prevention of injury at work, treat work injuries and help with your rehabilitation after a work injury has taken place.
We can perform a Driver’s License Medical.